The following constitute the terms and conditions to which applicants agree when signing up for the National Eating Disorders Association’s (NEDA) Body Project training. Throughout the terms and conditions, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ and ‘Organization’ refers to the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA). ‘You’, ‘Your, and ‘Trainee’ refer to the individual delegate on the registration form for the training.
Please note that NEDA reserves the right to review and update these terms at any time and without notice.
- Before booking the training, please ensure You have connected with a member of Our team to ensure the training will meet Your needs.
- If a training registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named delegate, it is the responsibility of that individual to ensure the delegate is authorized and able to attend the event.
- Upon receipt of Your registration/booking form and subsequent payment Your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Registering to attend and/or attending will be deemed to be an acceptance of these terms.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Delegate fees (including any credit card processing and/or booking fees applicable) are payable upon registering for a training.
- Payment can only be made using an authorized credit card at the time of the transaction on our website, or by invoice. Receipts for payment are provided in electronic format.
- We take reasonable measures to ensure that any information provided by you for the purposes of payment will be kept secure.
- Organizing and financing accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the delegate.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the event details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to us in advance of the event, as specified in the event details.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the event registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the delegate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the event registration/booking form to contact Us to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- Failure to attend an event at which a free or concessionary rate place was given may at Our sole discretion result in the delegate becoming ineligible for such places at future event(s).
- We will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond Our control, to change the content and timing of the program, the date, the venue or the speaker(s).
- By attending, all guests consent to photographs and film coverage being used at the organizer’s discretion. Ticket holders and event attendees grant consent for their image and sound to be captured in any format and used in future marketing material.
- We take no responsibility for any items lost, stolen or, misplaced at the event.
TRANSFERS AND CANCELLATION OF TRAINING COURSES
- In the event of a delegate named on the booking form being unable to attend, We will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by Us 7 working days prior to the event date.
- If you cancel a Body Project training: – all cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours before the date of training. We will only accept cancellations that are made in writing. If a delegate fails to attend the Body Project training, or a cancellation is sought within 48 hours prior to the start of such course, full payment will be required.
- If we cancel a Body Project training: – In the unlikely event of the training being cancelled by NEDA, We will endeavor to inform all delegates a week before the event is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All training fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another event. We shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transportation costs, accommodation etc.
- In the event that the training cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the training organizers (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the Organization, liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate and there will not be any additional liability to NEDA, trainers, or any other individual associated with the event organization.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Body Project manual and training anywhere in the world belong to the Body Project Collaborative, that rights in the Body Project manual and resources are licensed (not sold) to You, and that You have no rights in, or to, the Body Project manual or resources other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
Unless otherwise stated, the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) owns the intellectual property rights of the training materials associated with the Body Project training purchased and to use such training materials in conjunction with the attendance of such course, as well as use such as a record of information for the term of this license provided that only the delegate of the Body Project training may make such use of them.
You must not:
- copy the training manual or materials except where such copying is incidental or necessary for the purposes of completing the training and disseminating the Body Project program;
- rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the training manual or materials;
- alter, or modify, the whole or any part of the training manual or materials, nor permit the training manual or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated into, any other materials;
- provide or otherwise make available the Body Project manual or training materials in whole or in part, in any form to any person without prior written consent from Us;
NEDA reserves the right to remove any delegate from the training whose behavior is deemed inappropriate by the organization or its trainers. In these circumstances, NEDA will neither refund any fees nor reimburse any other costs.
- NEDA does not accept responsibility for anyone acting as a result of information in, or views expressed on, its training courses including course materials.
- Opinions expressed are those of individual trainers and not necessarily those of the organization. Participants should take professional advice when dealing with specific situations.
- NEDA will also not be liable for the loss of personal items.
PHOTOS & FILMING
For promotional purposes, photos and video recordings may be taken during the training. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise NEDA in writing prior to the event.
These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the purchase of the Body Project training course, program manual, and resources, and supersede any prior agreement, understanding, or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to entering into these terms, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
NEDA reserves the right to make a change in content, relocate the site of training, and reschedule training, as well as to make a change in the instructor(s). In particular, NEDA may further develop or update the content of the courses without prior announcement.
Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of entering into these terms (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.